Introduction to Oils
Wednesday 12th August 2015 9.00 am to 3.00pm
Hamilton Road Studio, McDowall, 4053, Queensland
Fee: $120.00. A deposit of $60 is required to secure your place – limited to 5 artists.
Please contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to enrol.
The following will be covered:
- Basic principles
- Palette layout
- Colour mixing
- Brushes and brush strokes
- Alla Prima Painting – the “alla prima” method, or “at first attempt”, is a direct method of painting that is completed mostly in one sitting.
- Basic oil colours
- Brushes – I have a wide variety of brushes for you to use
- 2 sheets A4 Canson Canvas paper 290gsm
- 2 x Canvas boards 20cm x 25cm
- OMS (odourless mineral solvent)
- Liquin medium
You need to bring:
- Journal or sketchbook to take notes and do colour tests (I suggest150gsm)
- Apron/old shirt
- Painting rags – very old worn T shirts are best – no towelling or flannel
- Roll of toilet paper/ paper towel
*Alla Prima – The “alla prima” method, or “at first attempt”, is a direct method of painting that is completed mostly in one sitting.